Website Aboriginal Community Housing Limited (ACHL)
About this Job
“My hope is that in 25 years’ time, housing poverty will be history. Easier said than done, but can we ignore this crisis at hand?” Steve Bevington – Managing Director of Community Housing Limited.
CHL was founded by Steve who has lived experience of homelessness and is now the Managing Director. Steve believes everyone has the right to a safe and secure home.
Become a part of our multi-award winning not for profit organisation, managing over 11,000 new and existing properties. Join our collaborative team culture so we can together deliver the best possible service and outcomes and can make a meaningful impact on the lives of people experiencing homelessness. Support people living on low to moderate incomes, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those living with a disability.
A career in community housing is extremely rewarding and now you too can contribute to positive social impact and a world without housing poverty. As a Customer Service Officer, you will play an integral role in delivering exceptional customer service to current and prospective clients of CHL who may present via phone, email or in person.
Your previous experience in liaising with a diverse range of vulnerable people will be highly regarded as you will be welcoming customers in person at our crisis entry point for our homelessness service.
In addition to undertaking various administrative tasks which may include booking appointments, maintaining our database, scanning documents, contributing to various projects, and providing ad hoc support to other teams as required, you will also provide support to our welcoming front desk service.
As a large purpose-driven organisation, we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
To be successful for this role, you will have a genuine passion for wanting to support vulnerable people in our community.
- Relevant skills and experience in working effectively and sensitively with a diverse customer group with complex needs.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and prioritise effectively.
- Confidence in liaising with various stakeholders including vulnerable people.
- Strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and a caring and empathetic nature.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a commitment to participating in a supportive and collaborative team culture.
- Quick thinking, resilient, and thrive in a multitasking environment where no day is ever the same!
- Previous experience working on MS Office programs.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence via email to internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in the social/community housing sector.
Please note that a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a NDIS and Working with Children Check (WWCC).
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds. CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past and present.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
To be considered applicants must respond to the application questions and submit a cover letter and resume. For a confidential conversation about the position please contact Jenna Wilson our Housing Services Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 0444 584 246.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job please visit chl.org.au%200444%20584%20246..